An Incomparable f/2.8 Telephoto Zoom
The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS is popular telephoto zoom length including a brilliant constant maximum aperture, portrait length to telephoto viewpoint created for E-mount mirrorless cameras. Portrayed by both its quick f/2.8 maximum aperture and included OSS (Optical SteadyShot) image stabilization, this lens is ideal for handheld shooting of far away and quick moving subjects. Equally refined, the optical design includes a trio of aspherical elements, including a single XA (extreme aspherical) element, and six additional low dispersion elements to cut down on circular and chromatic aberations all through the entire zoom range. A Nano AR Coating has been added to lens elements to diminish flare and ghosting and the front element likewise includes a fluorine coating to protect against smears and markings from sticking to the surface of the glass. Matching an adaptable reach and refined design, this professional quality telephoto zoom is appropriate for an assortment of working conditions.
Taking advantage of an adept autofocus system made up of a dual linear motor actuator to power the rear groups and a SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) system to handle the front groups for brisk, exact, and stealth AF control. An additional complement to handling and focus is a dedicated button to hold focus range limiter, along with a AF/MF switch, and the included tripod collar features a rotating design for easier switching between vertical and horizontal shooting orientation. Moreover, the lens brandishes a dust-and moisture-resistant configuration for use in difficult environmental conditions.
- As a major aspect of Sony's regarded G Master series, this lens is created to accomplish quite high resolution and sharpness through the adjustment of a wide assortment of spherical and chromatic aberrations. Also, these lenses offer vigorous and intuitive to-handle physical designs as an advantage for both stills and cine photography.
- A popular telephoto zoom created for mirrorless full-frame E-mount cameras, this 70-200mm lens is additionally compatible with APS-C models where it gives a 105-300mm (35mm equivalent) focal length range.
- A constant f/2.8 maximum aperture opening offers reliable execution all through the zoom range and furthermore lends more prominent handling over focus position for shallow depth of field style.
- Of the three aspherical elements consolidated in the lens design, one is a XA element with superior surface exactness than adequately diminish astigmatism, coma, field curvature, and other monochromatic aberrations from photos.
- Four extra low dispersion along with a pair of Super ED elements are included in the lens design, as well, and assist in controlling chromatic aberrations and lessen color fringing for expanded color fidelity and clarity.
- A Nano AR Coating has been added to diminish surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for expanded contrast and rendering of color in strong lighting situations.
- The front lens element contains a fluorine coating to shield against dust and smudges from sticking to the glass surface.
- An rounded 11-blade diaphragm adds to a satisfying bokeh quality while utilizing selective focus styles.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization minimizes the presence of camera shake for sharper images when shooting handheld using slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can likewise be combined with selected camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more viable control of camera blur.
- An OSS Mode switch gives you a chance to pick Mode 1 for general image stabilization that is well suited to most shooting types and also a Mode 2 setting that is particularly intended to be utilized with panning movements.
- A linear SSM system along with an internal focus system gives speedy, stealth, and exact autofocus execution furthermore adds to more intuitive, natural manual control over focus.
- A floating elements system is an advantage to picture quality when shooting at the 3.15' minimum focusing distance using 0.25x magnification.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed layout better allows shooting in harsh situations.
- Removable rotating tripod collar allows fast changing from horizontal to vertical shooting.
- Focus range limiter and focus hold controls provide more intuitive control of and quicker performance when shooting moving subjects.