The Successor to the PowerShot S90
The newest Canon S95 model sports an upgraded image sensor capable of capturing 720p HD video. it's af you're driving a compact digital camera the equivalent of an Italian sports car. There's also plenty of razzle-dazzle, supported by phenomenal engineering.
The Canon S95 PowerShot premium compact is the successor to the PowerShot S90. There's upgraded image sensor to shoot 720p HD video and the 'Hybrid IS' system compensates for added types of movement. Multi-aspect ratio shooting and
compatibility with SDXC cards have also been added. Other than that it takes over a slightly tweaked adaptation of the S90's fundamental body design that includes the 3.0" LCD,
stabilized 28-105mm F2.0-4.9 lens and control ring.
The Canon S95 Digital Compact Camera puts you total control. it sports lots of bells and whistles all relying on Canon's prodigious engineering. for Starters, there's a DIGIC 4 Image Processor and a striking 10.1MP sensor, plus the the S95 ups the stakes with an f/2.0 28-105mm zoom (equivalent) lens, a splendidly refined Hybrid IS 2-way image stabilization scheme. and an intuitive manual-control ring. There's a vast array of shooting functions to select from, including
JPEG capability. The S95 provides just about anything you could desire in a compact Digital Camera --plus much more.
Now can you shoot images from ISO 80 through ISO 3200. it's easy to select the degree of
manipulation you want (from absolute control to full automatic) white balance, over exposure, focus, plus a lot, all from a vast menu. You can automatically create High Dynamic Range, panoramic, low-light, fisheye, and numerous other specialized images with the included built-in programs.
And there's no need to quit with still images: you can shoot beautiful
720p HD video that included stereo sound for as long as 25 minutes--and there is also a miniature function that blurs both top and bottom of the image frame, presenting your subject with a
The S95 is a simple point-and-shoot camera, and it's a serious image-making machine. You get to choose.
• 10.0 megapixel sensor combined with the DIGIC 4 Image Processor create Canon's HS SYSTEM for improved low light performance and better image quality.
• Shoot beautiful 720p HD video in stereo sound and play back on an HDTV via the HDMI output.
• A fast f/2.0 lens, great for shooting portrait photography in low light conditions or using a shallow depth-of-field for great images with beautiful soft backgrounds.
• A control ring for intuitive manual control, built for the way the serious photographer has always accessed exposure control.
• A 3.8x optical zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer, plus a 28mm wide-angle lens gets you close to your subjects as well as capture more in your frame.
• Utilizes Canon's Hybrid IS to compensate for angular and shift camera shake during close-up shooting.
• Full range of shooting and recording modes including RAW + JPEG for the ultimate creative control. Also, with 26 shooting modes including 18 special scene modes, you're ready for whatever shot comes your way.
• Smart AUTO--the camera automatically selects the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on subjects and environmental factors to provide point-and-shoot simplicity.
• P (Program)--access advanced exposure compensation features while shooting mostly automatically.
• Tv (Shutter-priority)--you select the shutter speed to stop or blur action, and the camera finds the appropriate aperture. With slow exposure times, Canon's noise reduction system activates to ensure low image noise.
• Av (Aperture-priority)--you define the aperture to either isolate your subject or have clarity throughout the entire picture, and the camera will choose the corresponding shutter speed.
• M (Manual)--the ultimate in creative control, you set both aperture and shutter speed manually.
• C (Custom)--define and store your own settings to achieve the effects you prefer.
• Low Light--for high quality image capture in an amazing range of dimly-lit situations.
• Portrait--the camera sets a large aperture, focusing the subject and artistically blurring the background to make your subject "pop."
• Landscape--for front to back sharpness, the camera sets a small aperture.
• Kids & Pets--reduced focusing time freezes fast-moving subjects, so you won't miss those special shots.
• Smart Shutter--the camera automatically takes the photo when people smile, wink, or get into frame.
• Super Vivid--intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colors.
• Poster Effect--combines several similar shades into one color, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
• Color Accent--choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
• Color Swap--select a color and replace it with a color you specify for special effects.
• High Dynamic Range--takes three shots, of the same scene, in different exposures in succession and combines all three images together to capture an image with flattering shadows and highlights. Tripod is required.
• Nostalgic--creates the look and feel of old photographs using sepia tones and saturation.
• Fisheye Effect--add a classic photo distortion without a fisheye lens.
• Miniature Effect--give images a miniature look with an effect that emphasizes perspective by blurring the top and bottom of the image.
• Beach--get clear shots of people at a sunny beach without darkened faces.
• Underwater--capture underwater images with reduced backscatter effect.
(Note: Optional Waterproof Case WP-DC38 required for shooting any underwater images)
• Foliage--capture brilliant shots of autumn foliage, greenery and blossoms.
• Snow--shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects or an unnatural bluish tint.
• Fireworks--grab brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
• Stitch Assist--build awe-inspiring panoramas by neatly aligning sequential images
• Movie--shoot in HD (1280 x 720 at 24 fps) for up to 25 minutes and 8 seconds, or 4GB per clip. Shoot in VGA (640 x 480 at 30 fps) for up to 43 minutes and 43 seconds, or 4GB per clip, or QVGA (320 x 240 at 30 fps) for up to 1 hour, 58 minutes and 19 seconds, or 4GB per clip.
• Canon PowerShot S95 Digital Camera NB-6L Lithium-Ion Battery (3.7v, 1000mAh)
• CB-2LY Battery Charger for Canon NB-6L Lithium-Ion Battery
• Wrist Strap WS-DC9
• AV Cable AVC-DC400ST
• IFC-400PCU USB Interface Cable
• Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
• 1-Year Canon U.S.A. Warranty
Current Canon Compact Cameras to Consider