Compatible, DX Telephoto Zoom With Retractable Lens Engineering
An adaptable and compact new telephoto zoom lens from Nikon, the AF-S DX 55-200mm NIKKOR VR II f/4-5.6G ED Lens is appropriate for portraits, wildlife or sports photography. When attached to a
Nikon DSLR DX camera, it delivers a viewing angle to that similar to a 82-300mm lens mounted on an FX full-frame 35mm DSLR camera. When used as a pair with the 18-55mm Nikon DX lens, uninterrupted wide angle thru telephoto capability is realized.
The Silent Wave Motor SWM) is included for quick and silent auto focusing, while the
Vibration Reduction compensates optics from inside the lens to grant the camera or photographer to set shutter speeds as much as 4 stops less than would be possible otherwise before apparent camera shake occurs within the image. Using Vibration Reduction, can increase sharper results while photographing with low light, using deliberately choosing slow shutter speeds or recording HD video. Image quality is further assured with the
ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) glass which diminishes optical distortion, while the Super Integrated Coating diminishes flare and ghosting to deliver vivid results and high contrast even when there are challenging lighting situations.
A maximum aperture range of f/4 thru 5.6 featuring a seven-blade rounded, diaphragm is provided for smooth, soft,
out-of-focus bokeh, and the 52mm front lens thread allows attachment of accessories like filters to be attached directly.
- Compatible with Nikon DX cameras and Nikon FX cameras with DX crop mode.
- Maximum f/4 to 5.6 aperture range corresponds to 55mm to 200mm focal lengths.
- Minimum f/22 to 32 aperture range corresponds to 55mm to 200mm focal lengths.
- Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Glass minimizes optical distortion.
- Super Integrated Coating minimizes ghosting and flare while providing high contrast and vivid results.
- Nikon VR II Image Stabilization allows shutter speeds up to 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible before camera shake becomes apparent within the image.
- Manual Focus Override switch allows user control over focus at any time.
- Rounded, seven-blade diaphragm provides smooth, out-of-focus elements and highlights.
- Compact and lightweight design provides ease of transport.