The Canon EOS 80D is characterized by its versatile imaging specs, and is further clarified by using twin robust focusing systems and an intuitive design. including a 24.2MP APS-C
CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 imaging processor, this
lustrous DSLR has the capability to capture high-resolution images up to 7 fps and Full Hign definition 1080p60 movies, both with reduced noise and high sensitivity as high as ISO 25600 for working in difficult lighting situations. When using the optical viewfinder, an apt 45-point all cross-type Autofocus system provides fast operation in a range of lighting situations for keeping track of moving subjects and while working in poor light situations, while a Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus system delivers live view shooting and movie capture by providing a smooth, natural focusing quality similar to the way a camcorder captures focus. Touch-to-focus is seen by the big 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD, which also features a vari-angle swiveling design for easily shooting both high and low angles. In addition,
built-in Wi-Fi with
NFC lets you to join mobile devices with the camera to wirelessly move files for sharing your movies and images online. Much more than just a well-heeled DSLR, the 80D is equally matched in versatile imaging using its inclusion of multimedia feature-sets for movie recording and still shooting..
24.2MP APS-C CMOS Image Sensor and DIGIC 6 Imaging Processor
Providing a 24.2 megapixel APS-C CMOS image sensor and DIGIC 6 image processor, the 80D has the ability to producing high-resolution images with notable clarity along with minimal noise, as well as having a native sensitivity range from ISO 100-16000 which can be further expanded to ISO 25600 for supporting working in poor lighting environments. The sensor and processor combination also avails speedy performance throughout the entire camera system, including the ability to continuously shoot at up to 7 frames per second or capture
Full 1080p HD video at 60 frames per second in the MP4 format. 45-Point All Cross-Type Autofocus and Dual Pixel CMOS Autofocus Systems Features shooting stills using the optical viewfinder, plus a wide-area 45-point all cross-type phase-detection autofocus system delivers quick and exact focusing in difficult lighting situations down to -3 EV. For using
telephoto lenses using extenders, 27 of the points have thje capability to focus down to f/8 while the center dual cross-type provides increased precision at brighter aperture values. The cross-type layout of the sensors provides greater accuracy in low-contrast and mixed lighting situations, and the broad coverage of the 45 sensors is perfect for tracking and maintaining focus on moving subjects. A series of four AF area selection modes uses 45-points is , including single-point Autofocus; Zone Autofocus, allows you to choose from one of nine Autofocus zones; Large Zone Autofocus, provides a choice of three selectable zones; and 45-point Autofocus auto selection, which allows the camera to automatically select a single point.
When acquiring video or using live view to shoot a Dual Pixel CMOS Autofocus system is which provides smooth and quick focusing operation similar to the way a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two unique photodiodes within each pixel to deliver a broad and dense network of phase-detection acquiring elements over most of the imaging sensor to reduce focus hunting for quicker, more direct control of focus placement. When shooting still images, the focusing system works to capture focus quickly and precisely, making it perfect for shooting and tracking moving subjects so that decisive focus is maintained with each shot. When acquiring video, a Movie Servo AF mode provides smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within a scene, as well as the ability to allocate tracking sensitivity, Autofocus speed, and Face Tracking priority. Another benefit of the Touch Autofocus system, is that rack focus is available by by simply touching elements featured in the scene on the touchscreen as a way to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in videos is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS
autofocus system's ability to acknowledge subjects and maintain focus when shooting within a cluttered or changing scenery.
Full 1080p HD Video Recording Augmenting still recording
The 80D also supports Full 1080p HD video recording at up to 30 frames per second in the MOV format with ALL-I compression, or 60 fps in the MP4 format with IPB compression. Video recording also includes Dual Pixel CMOS Autofocus and the Movie Servo AF focusing functions, as well as the
touchscreen design of the LCD monitor for intuitive control. Additionally, both headphone and microphone jacks are built in the body design for exceptional control over audio recording.
Unique to the majority of video recording systems, the 80D also has an HDR Movie mode that can be used to achieve added highlight and shadow detail when recording in high contrast scenarios. This mode acquires two HD frames at different exposures, one normal and one underexposed, in short succession at as quick as 60 frames per second and then composites them during playback at 30 frames per second to create a movie with a longer-dynamic range appearance.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi featuring NFC * 1.04m-dot 3.0" ClearView II LCD touchscreen features a vari-angle layout permitting working from both high and low angles while the touchscreen design facilitates intuitive control over menu navigation and touch-to-focus operation.
* The pentaprism type Intelligent Viewfinder offers 100% frame coverage for high compositional accuracy when shooting at eye-level. Additionally, further aiding shooting with the viewfinder, autofocus points and mode, a horizontal electronic level, compositional grids, along with other assistive features can be displayed during use.
* Both images and movies can be wirelessly share with smartphones or tablets, using the Canon Camera Connect application, for instant online sharing or backed up to the Canon Connect StationCS100 via built-in Wi-Fi with NFC connectivity. Remote photography from a linked mobile device is also available, allowing you to wirelessly configure exposure settings or release the shutter.
* The high-capability shutter mechanism has been tested for as high as 100,000 cycles.
Other Camera Features * A 7560-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor benefits both autofocus and exposure metering precision and enables Color Tracking for more accurately detecting skin colors.
* An anti-flicker function automatically adjusts for flickering light sources to deliver consistent exposure values and color during continuous shooting.
* Time-Lapse Movie combines still photos acquired at set intervals into a silent movie to simulate motion which occurs over a long time scale.
* HDR effects are available for still shooting, and can be applied using Natural, Art Bold, Art Standard, Art Vivid, and Art Embossed settings.
* Creative Filters may be applied to creatively refine the look of imags, and include oft Focus, Grainy Black and White, Fisheye Effect, Art Bold Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, Effect, and Water Painting Effect. Thrre are five dedicated effects available for recording movies, an include Memory, Dream, Old Movies, Dramatic B&W, and Miniature Effect.
* Picture Style settings: Auto, Landscape, Standard, Portrait, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, along with User Defined 1-3.
* Languages supported are: English, Dutch, German, French, Danish, Swedish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Chinese, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Korean, and Japanese.
January 18, 2016
Hot Shoe Flash for Your Canon Camera
Popular Photo Accessories
Buy the Canon EOS 80D Camera here:
6000 x 4000
1:1, 4:3, 3:2,
APS-C (22.5 x
100-16000 (expands to 25600)
Optics & Focus
Contrast Detect (sensor)
Screen / viewfinder
(at ISO 100)
(2 or 10
±5 (at 1/3 EV,
1/2 EV steps)
1920 x 1080
(60p, 30p, 24p), 1280 x 720