Samsung NX-M 17mm f/1.8 OIS Lens
Samsung NX-M 17mm f/1.8 OIS is a standard-length prime lens for the Samsung NX Mini Mirrorless Digital Camera and its NX-M lens mount. It provides a 45.9mm focal length equivalence in the 35mm format. With a maximum aperture of f/1.8, the lens is very effective in low light situations and able to create a shallow depth of field for images with a sharp subject and pleasing out-of-focus background. A circular aperture lends to pleasing bokeh. The minimum focus distance for the lens is 7.1".
A lens-shift optical image stabilization system reduces the blur caused by camera shake further enhancing the camera's ability to create sharp images in low light. The lens' construction consists of 8 optical elements in 5 groups including one Xtreme High Refractive lens and two aspherical elements to minimize aberrations and contribute to color accuracy, contrast and clarity.
Like the cameras it was designed for. the NX-M 17mm distinguishes itself with its compact size, measuring just 1.1" long. It provides a 39mm diameter filter thread for attaching a wide range of filters.
- A standard length prime lens for the Samsung NX-M mount, its offers a 35mm focal length equivalency of 45.9mm and a minimum focus distance of 7.1".
- A fast f/1.8 maximum aperture is effective in low light and enables shallow depth of field control.
- Lens-shift optical image stabilization reduces the blur caused by camera shake and further enables sharp low light imaging.
- A High Refractive lens and two aspherical lens elements reduce aberrations and lend themselves to overall clear and high-contrast imaging.
- A 5-blade circular diaphragm helps to create pleasing out-of-focus background highlights.