Designed for High Detail Macro Photography.
This lens is great for the amateur as well as the professional photographer. With its crystal sharp images and 1:1, (with included adapter) Macro capabilities, you can really zero in on any subject. Whether
you are an oral surgeon, stamp collector or love to take close-ups of flowers,
this lens will be perfect for you. The lens features 1:2 macro without the
included adaptor and 1:1 with the adaptor. It focuses down to an incredible 2.6
inches from the front of the lens.
With a street price of $120 brand new, this piece of plastic and glass is many
times cheaper than any other macro lens. Even further, this is the longest cheap
prime available. You can't get a 135mm or longer lens with a price close to
this. The big question is, can it really deliver true macro experience, or do you always get what you pay for? Note: This lens is being sold with different labels on it. For your convenience, here is a list of brands that sell the cosina
100/3.5 Macro Manual Focus Lens, Vivitar,
Phoenix, Promaster, Soligor and
With an aperture range of f/3.5-22, a macro ratio of 1:1 and a minimum focusing distance of 1.4ft., this lens is designed for high detail macro photography. it is also flexible enough to be a good lens for portrait photography and is available in all popular SLR camera mounts.
• Macro focusing as close as 1:2.
• Includes 1:1X adaptor lens - allows focusing as close as 5.2 inches
• MInimum focusing distance measured from front of lens.
• Compact and light weight, measuring only 2.6 inches and weighing only 9. 1 ounces.
• Superior optical performance with 5 elements in 4 groups.
• Multicoated optics to reduce flare and increase light transmission.