Quick-Shift Focus System for Instant Auto to Manual Focusing
Designed for exclusive use with PENTAX KAF-mount digital SLR cameras, the new lens offers 4X zoom coverage in the telephoto range. Further, the lens features an angle of view from 31.5 degrees to 8.1 degrees (equivalent in focal length from 76.5mm to 306mm in the35mm format).
As with all DA-Series lenses, this DA 50mm-200mm features a responsive "Quick-Shift Focus System" that allows photographers to instantly switch the focus mode from auto to manual with a slight twist of the focus ring. Coupled with a simple, functional design and the elimination of an aperture ring, this new mechanism considerably improves operability.
The lens also incorporates an Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass lens element and two aspherical lens elements for true-to-life image reproduction and overall size reduction. The image circle in DA-series lenses is designed to perfectly match the 23.5mm x 15.7mm size of the CCD used in PENTAX digital SLRs to optimize camera performance.
The new design also contributes to a drastic reduction in size, weight and
production cost, compared to 35mm-format counterparts with similar
• Weather Resistant
• SP (Super Protect) Coating Repels Dust, Water and Grease
• 4X Zoom Coverage in the Telephoto Range
• Quick-Shift Focus System for Instant Auto to Manual Focusing
• Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) Glass Lens Element
• Two Aspherical Lens Elements for Superior Sharpness
• Minimal Chromatic and Spherical Abberation
• Simple, Functional Design
• Equivalent to 75-300mm in the 35mm Format