Astonishingly Ultra-Telephoto Zoom
The brand new Lumix G Lumix 100-300mm f/4.0-5.6 MEGA O.I.S. telephoto zoom lens captures (35mm film camera equivalent of 600 mm) photos handheld with the astonishingly ultra-telephoto zoom featuring a slim and light weight silhouette. It allows photographers previously next to impossible shooting of subjects they cannot get near which includes wild animals, sports, aircrafts and etc. without packing a conventional monster ultra-telephoto zoom with a bulky tripod to mount it on to capture a high compression result. The Panasonic Optical Image Stabilizer (MEGA O.I.S.) effectively compensates for any hand shake which relentlessly affects the outcome of high zoom photographs to eliminate blur.
This new 100-300mm lens is comprised of 17 elements within 12 groups which includes an ED lens adopted in the main lens group, effectively suppressing chromatic aberration to render crisp, high contrasty photos featuring stable optical performance throughout the total zoom range. By integrating a stepping motor with an
proprietary zoom tracking control function plus inner focus drive function achieves a precise high speed contrast autofocus, yet keeping its action sound as stealth as possible.
There are seven blades which provide the aperture with a rounded shape to produce an attractively smooth bokeh effect when shooting at bigger aperture ranges. A reliable metal mount make certain of a long lasting active use performance, and employs multi-coat lens elements that cut down on ghosting and flaring to further augment its shooting performance.
• Maximum focal length of 600mm super telephoto zoom (35mm camera equivalent)
• An ED lens in the first lens group for superb optical performance by suppressing chromatic aberration at entire zoom range
• Optical Image Stabilizer in the lens effectively compensates for the handshake to realize using super high zoom even without a tripod
• High-speed, silent Contrast AF for both photos and movies with inner focus drive system
• The integration of stepping motor with exclusive zoom tracking control system
• Circular aperture diaphragm
• Multi-coated lens elements minimize ghosts and flare
• Durable metal mount