The Mirrorless Olympus OM-D E-M10 Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera is a ergonomically-designed compact camera highlighting a 16.1 mp Live MOS sensor and TruePic VII picture processor to create high-resolution still images and full 1080p HD video with remarkable low-light quality and rapid execution. The combination of these two technologies empowers a high sensitivity range from ISO 100 thru 25600 and continuous shooting up to 8 frames per second The sensor additionally fits an improved FAST autofocus system that uses contrast detection focusing to effectively procure focus with selectable focus zones for much greater precision. Additionally adding to picture sharpness is in-body 3-axis image stabilization that makes up for angular shifts along with rolling camera shake.
A high-resolution electronic viewfinder and tilting touchscreen screen are both accessible for live view monitoring, picture playback, and menu navigation. The EVF highlights a 1,440k-dot resolution and 1.15x magnification for convenient eye-level viewing with the capacity to preview real-time image effects. Then again, the 3.0" 1,037k-dot tilting touchscreen LCD screen can tilt up 80° or down 50° to handle working from both high and low angles and its touchscreen design gives an intuitive ability for controlling settings and navigating the menu system. For refined off-board control and picture sharing, wireless connectivity is available and, when matched with the Olympus Image Share application for iOS and Android devices, remote connectivity and control over the camera is also available.
The M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II R lens is included with the camera, which gives a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 28-84mm. It includes quiet autofocus and zooming operation to take advantage of recording motion pictures and also includes three aspherical elements into its design to decrease aberrations and produce striking picture sharpness and quality.
16.1MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VII Imaging Processor
The 16.1 megapixel Live MOS image sensor and TruePic VII
processor, with Fine Detail Processing II, work hand in hand to enable high-resolution still images, full HD video recording,
and extraordinary low-light quality and sensitivity all the way to ISO 25600. These two technologies ccombined also helps to provide high-speed performance all through the camera system, including a 1/4000 sec. top shutter speed using a mechanical shutter, along with a continuous shooting rate up to 8 frames per second with single-shot AF, and continuous 3.5 frames per second shooting with continuous autofocus.
In addition, full HD 1080p movie recording is possible at 30 frames per second with stereo sound in the MOV
or using the AVI format. Simultaneous shooting, up to 5 frames per second, is also possible using P/A/S/M modes at 5.8 megapixel resolution, without interrupting the video recording.
In-Camera 3-Axis Image Stabilization
On-board VCM (Voice Coil Motor) image stabilization helps to diminish the appearance of camera using any compatible lens and compensates for camera movements that become particullarly noticeable when capturing telephoto shots, macro images, and long exposures. Additionally, this unique image stabilization system works over three axes, compared to the conventional
two axes, and compensates for both vertical and horizontal shifts (both yaw and pitch) plus camera shake all along the optical axis (roll). This detected range of movements serves as an advantage to traditional still image photography as well as video recording and more effectively capturing moving subjects.
Electronic Viewfinder and 3.0 inch Tilting Touchscreen
For eye-level viewing, a brilliant 1,440k-dot electronic viewfinder is built into the design and contains an automatic eye-detection function, 0.007 sec. display lag time, plus 1.15x magnification. This finder provides realistic, high resolution viewing in a convenient position that is especially handy when shooting in bright situations. The adaptive brightness settings also provide easier viewing in all types of lighting conditions, with the brilliance being set to go with the surrounding conditions to better simulate using an optical viewfinder.
In addition to the viewfinder, a large 3.0 inch" 1,037k-dot tilting LCD touchscreen monitor is also there for live view monitoring, playing back images, and navigating the menu. The monitor's design can tilt up 80° and down 50°, making it handy to use from high and low angles both. The touchscreen is an intuitive control offering a range
of added functionality, too, including the capability to touch to release the shutter, choose the focusing point, magnify the image, use filter effects, and navigate through images and settings.
FAST Autofocus System
An advantage with the quick shooting operation of the E-M10, a contrast-detection focusing system makes use of 81 AF areas to quickly and precisely acquire focus.
Appropriately named, FAST (Frequency Acceleration Sensor Technology), it has the abllity to zoom ib in on subjects using either single-shot or continuous focusing operations, along with AF tracking to to take advantage of working
with subjects on the move. In addition to the standard Small Target and Group Target focusing locations, Super Spot AF can also be utilized to obtain focus in a smaller, more confined area
for precise accuracy.
When using manual focus, manual focus assist and focus peaking functions are there to simplify acquiring precise sharpness, which is especially helpful when shooting with selective focus or shallow depth of field styles.
Built-In Wireless Connectivity
By using the Olympus Image Share app, wireless control of the E-M10 is possible through using linked iOS and Android mobile devices. The mobile device can be used to
preview compositions, choose a specific AF point, and release the shutter via the intuitive app interface. Linking of mobile devices to the camera is possible through an
intuitive QR Code Connect system, which displays a unique QR code on the camera's monitor which can then be recognized by a mobile device for instant linking.
M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II R zoom lens
Included with the E-M10 is the all-around M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II R zoom lens, offering a (35mm-equivalent focal length range) of 28-84mm. Three aspherical lens elements are built into the lens' design to help diminish chromatic aberration all through the zoom range and also assist with high image sharpness and clarity.
The lens has a designation of MSC (Movie & Still Compatible), making it perfect for recording video due to its quick and near-silent focusing operation.
Additional Camera Features
* Made of metal, the camera body features retro-inspired design with easy-to-access 2 x 2 dial controls for streamlined adjustment of the camera settings.
* An included pop-up flash features additional illumination and supports wireless flash control using four channels within four groups.
* The Color Creator feature provides for directly adjusting hue and chroma in the EVF with real-time visible results. This, combined with an intuitive GUI, provides more finite and exacting control over image color balance.
* Fine Detail II technology auto adjusts for chromatic aberration based on the specific lens being used. Natural-appearing high-resolution quality is obtained by applying intelligent sharpening techniques based upon the lens' focal length and aperture size being used. The
finalized look of an HDR image in the seen viewfinder before the camera processes the images together, providing enhanced control and selectivity over the way extended dynamic range images are captured. HDR photos are possible using up to a 12 EV-wide range of bracketed images.
* 12 Art Filters are included for creatively enhancing images and movies: Pop Art, Soft Focus, Light Tone, Pale & Light Color, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Cross Process, Key Line, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, and WaterColor. 7 Art Effects are also included: Soft Focus Effect, Pin-Hole Effect, Frame Effect, White Edge Effect, Star Light Effect, Diorama Effect.
* Photo Story provides capturing of a scene using multiple viewpoints, which are then recomposited into a single image utilizing a range of pre-defined themes and formats.
* Interval shooting allows sequential capturing of 1-999 shots, using 1 second to 24 hour intervals, to simply acquire a series of consecutive images. Furthermore, the series of images may be converted to a time-lapse movie for more simple playback.
* Live Bulb and Live Time modes lets you view the development of exposure during bulb and time exposure using real-time and additionally a live view histogram shows the way exposure is built-up across all points of the photo.
* Live Composite Mode allows you to intuitively acquire star-scapes and other long exposures using real time.
* Multiple Exposure mode allows for the stacking of sequential exposures using the same frame for creative outcome.
* Face Priority, Face Detect and Eye Detection lets you choose different priorities for deriving focus and exposure on. As many as eight separate faces can be recognized and Eye Detection allows you to choose either right or left eye to priority.
* A built-in level gauge assists in creating perfectly level compositions based upon the horizon and architectural elements inside the scene.
* Picture Modes: Vivid, i-Enhance, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, e Portrait, Art Filters and Color Creator.
* Language support: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Turkish, Croat, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovakian, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Malay, Ukrainian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Rumanian, Indonesian, and Tha
Shop for the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Micro Four Thirds Camera here from these stores
4608 x 3456
3200 x 2400, 1280 x 960
Image ratio w:h
1:1, 4:3, 3:2, 16:9
Sensor photo detectors
Four Thirds (17.3 x 13 mm)
Auto, 200 - 25600
White balance presets
Custom white balance
Yes (4 slots)
Image stabilization notes
3-axis image stabilization (yaw/pitch/roll)
JPEG quality levels
Super fine, fine, normal, basic
Optics & Focus
Contrast Detect (sensor)
Number of focus points
Micro Four Thirds
Focal length multiplier
Screen / viewfinder
Yes (Shutter release,
Enlargement, Live Guide, AF area selection, AF area enlargement and
decrease, Frame forward/backward, Enlargement playback, Super
Control Panel, Art Filter selection, Scene mode selection, Wi-Fi