Leica APO-Tele-Elmar-S 180mm f/3.5 Lens
The Leica APO-Tele-Elmar-S 180mm f/3.5 Lens is a superior-quality telephoto characterized by an extremely wide lens opening to enable portraits with a shallow depth of field. This reference-class lens, with special grades of glass and aspherical surfaces, displays consistently high image performance utilizing an inner focusing system with a floating element.
It displays maximum performance across the entire image field at all apertures. With a broad effective range of focus (minimum distance of 5-feet), it is possible to produce images at a 1:7 scale. With its special lens elements, vignetting, distortion and chromatic aberrations have been minimized to such a high degree that images don't require post-production computer enhancement.
The APO-Tele-Elmar-S 180mm f/3.5 is equipped with a Leica-designed microprocessor for precise autofocus and iris diaphragm control with silent gearing and it has a focus ring with enough drag to let the user to override the autofocus at any time.
• This lens is designed with special grades of glass and aspherical surfaces.
• S-bayonet mount ensures rapid and precise digital exchange of data and commands between the camera and lens.
• Lens has its own Leica-designed microprocessor for precise autofocus and iris diaphragm control.
• Generous focus ring with just the right amount of drag, letting the photographer override the autofocus at any time.
• The lens is produced to extremely narrow tolerances, with each lens centered by hand, guaranteeing superior quality and optical performance.