Zeiss Ikon 35mm Film Camera
he new Zeiss Ikon 35mm Film Camera combines a classical design with easy-to-use operation. Features and controls are designed to make practical photography comfortable and free from unpleasant surprises caused by the camera. Manual or auto TTL exposure metering as well as an AE-lock function gives you complete control of the exposure situation. So that you can make best use of the entire system from the film to the lens. Quite simply, you can count on a highly versatile creative tool that won't let you down.
The Zeiss Ikon rangefinder system includes a complete range of Carl Zeiss lenses featuring the very latest optical designs. In fact, in terms of high performance, precision sharp resolution & durability, we are targeting the limits of what can possibly be achieved. They are specifically designed to minimize focus shift with aperture variation, particularly important for rangefinder photography.
They also feature highly advanced flare control for truly brilliant images; virtually zero geometric distortion for accurate reproduction of object shapes from faces to architecture; and a precise 10-blade aperture with 1/3 stop interval click stops for exact exposure. Just tomention a few highlights. As a whole, the Zeiss Ikon rangefinder system has taken rangefinder photography to a new level.
Zeiss Ikon's passion is to create the ultimate range of M-mount lenses. But really that's just the beginning. After all, only a complete M-mount rangefinder system featuring a camera that makes best use of our lenses will satisfy your passion and that's exactly what we've accomplished. It's called the Zeiss Ikon. We decided to design our own camera body because other cameras simply cannot match the performance standards of our lenses.
The Zeiss Ikon boasts the widest rangefinder base on the market for exceptional accuracy. It also comes with a triangulation rangefinder that ensures extreme wide-angle focusing precision. Not to mention the convenience and speed of TTL exposure metering and even TTL auto-exposure with center-weighted integral sensitivity pattern.
Just to name a few highlights. And because it features an M-mount, you can use your existing M-mount lenses and upgrade to Carl Zeiss over time. This camera is for the truly passionate. Keeping you in control as you capture the inspiration around you.
A camera that literally takes the rangefinder concept to the outer extreme, successfully reaching the technology and optical limits. Quite simply it cannot get any better. Finally, a rangefinder system that can satisfy your passion, too.
Unlike 35 mm SLR camera viewfinders, for example, that can only show little more than 90% of what will be recorded on film, the Zeiss Ikon viewfinder lets you see the area that surrounds the actual image giving you greater possibilities and confidence as you compose each image. What's more, the triangulation rangefinder combined with a viewfinder base that is the widest available.
• Combines a classical design with easy-to-use operation.
• Features and controls are designed to make practical photography comfortable andfree
• Manual or auto TTL exposure metering as well as an AE-lock function gives you complete control of the exposure situation
• The Zeiss Ikon viewfinder lets you see the area that surrounds the actual image giving you greater possibilities and confidence as you compose each image.
• The triangulation rangefinder combined with a viewfinder base that is the widest available means that you can expect extreme accuracy and wide-angle focusing precision.
• The Carl Zeiss range of T* ZM-mount lenses offers the highest possible standards in terms of performance, reliability and, of course, image quality.
• Virtually zero geometric distortion for accurate reproduction of object shapes, particularly products and architecture
• Reduces unintended focus shift with aperture variation for improved accuracy of rangefinder defined focus
• Precise 10-blade aperture with 1/3 stop interval click stops ensures exact exposure
• Wear resistant filter mount for long-term reliability in tough conditions
• Highly advanced flare control that ensures crisp, brilliant images
• Extremely accurate rangefinder coupling mechanism ensures optical precision, contributing to superior image quality
||Compact rangefinder system camera with focal plane
shutter and TTL light metering system
||24x36 mm on 35 mm film
||Carl Zeiss T* ZM-mount lenses with focal length 15
to 85 mm. Can also use all other lens types with M bayonet
||0.74X magnification. Bright range- and viewfinder
with bright line frames activated by used lens type. Displayed
frames 28/85 mm. 35 mm, 50 mm. Separate frame selector lever for
manual frame selection independent of mounted lens. Automatic
parallax compensation. Diopter correction lenses -4 to +2 diopters.
Standard setting at -1 diopter
|Large base rangefinder:
||Coincident-image rangefinder in the center of the
viewfinder image. Measurement base 75 mm (effective 55.9 mm)
||TTL center-weighted metering at working aperture.
Metering range (at ISO100 and f/2) EV 0 to EV 19 (f/2 4s, f/16
|Film speed range:
||Manually set between ISO 25 3200 with 1/3
||AE with aperture priority or manual. AE lock
option. Exposure compensation +/- 2f-stops in 1/3 steps set at
shutter speed dial
||LED symbols for selected shutter speed along left
side of frame. Warnings for out of range shutter speeds and low
|Viewfinder display speed:
||Vertically moving electronically controlled metal
type. Shutter speed: speeds with 1/12 f-stop resolution between
1/2000 s to 8 s in AE mode, full f-stops between 1/2000 s to 1 s in
manual mode, B
||Synchronization at 1/125 s and longer shutter
||Manual advance with quick lever. Rewinding with
||One piece aluminium base structure. External metal
covers. Tripod thread inch inbase plate
||Two 1.5V cells type LR44 or SR44
||138 x 78 x 32 mm (5.4x3.1x1.3)
||138 x 78 x 32 mm (5.4x3.1x1.3)
|Ordering number silver finish:
Shop for the Zeiss Ikon 35mm Film Camera from these stores