Admirable Performance Even in Dim Light
Delivering the ultimate combination of wide-angle, low-light performance, L-series optics and compact construction, the new Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM lens is a phenomenal complement to any EOS SLR camera. This L-series ultra wide-angle zoom incorporates an Optical Image Stabilizer, and offers up to four stops of correction for admirable performance even in dim light. It features three aspheric lens elements and two UD lens elements to minimize aberrations throughout the zoom range, plus a fluorine coating that helps to minimize ghosting. A circular 9-blade aperture delivers gorgeous background blur.
The Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM features inner focusing and ring USM for accurate, discreet and speedy AF. It also offers full-time manual focus and has a minimum
focusing distance of 0.92 ft./0.28m across the entire zoom range. Built to function even in unfavorable weather conditions, the EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM is dust-resistant
and water-resistant (when used with an optional Canon PROTECT filter) for professional caliber ultra-wide performance, everywhere.
For working in difficult lighting conditions, an Optical Image Stabilizer has been integrated into the lens design to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to
an effective four shutter speed steps. For fast, smooth, and near-silent autofocus performance, a ring-type USM (Ultrasonic Motor) AF motor is employed and benefits
from an internal focusing design to maintain the overall length of the lens during use. Full-time manual focus override can also be utilized for fine-tuned focusing
precision as closely as 11" throughout the zoom range.
When paired with an optional Protect filter, this lens also exhibits a dust- and water-resistant construction to enable its use in inclement conditions.
- Wide-angle zoom L-series lens is suitable for use on both full-frame and APS-C sensors (where it provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 25.6-56mm) and
features a constant f/4 maximum aperture for consistent performance throughout the zoom range.
- Two UD elements and three aspherical elements, including one large-diameter aspherical element, have been incorporated into the optical design to minimize
aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range.
- A fluorine coating has been applied to the front and rear lens surfaces to reduce ghosting for maintained image contrast and color fidelity.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four stops for improved usability in difficult lighting conditions.
- A ring-type USM AF motor, along with an internal-focusing design, realizes fast and accurate focusing performance.
- Full-time manual focus permits critical focusing precision, even in AF mode.
- When an optional 77mm Protect filter is used, the lens realizes dust- and water-resistance for use in trying environmental conditions.
- A nine-blade circular diaphragm helps to produces an aesthetic out-of-focus quality.